FountainGrove MedSpa offers Micro-Needling Treaments at our office in Santa Rosa, CA.
During the micro-needling, tiny needles are used to create controlled micro-injuries on your skin. These micro needles will break down old scar tissue and stimulate skin cells.
This triggers the skin’s repair process, aids in the production of new collagen and elastin, and results in a thicker epidermis with a softer appearance.
Benefits of Micro-Needling
- Stimulates circulation and collagen production
- More Cost-effective than other resurfacing procedures
- Can be performed on all skin types
- Can be used on all areas of the scalp, face, and body
- Improves tone, texture and clarity of your skin
- Improves acne scars
- Improves wrinkles and pore size
- Improves stretch marks
- Has minimal downtime
HOW THE TREATMENT WORKS
Micro-needling works by encouraging your skin to make more collagen. The pinpricks from this procedure cause slight injury to the skin. In turn, the skin responds by making new collagen-rich tissue. Resulting in the new skin tissue being more even in tone and texture.
WHO SHOULD SEEK TREATMENT?
Micro-Needling treatment is for people who are looking to:
- reduce mild to moderate acne scarring
- soften fine lines and wrinkles
- tighten loose or lax skin
- improve skin texture
- eliminate stretch marks.
Micro-Needling Treatment FAQ
- What does the procedure involve?
- What will I look like following treatment?
- What is the downtime following a medical micro-needling treatment?
- What effects will medical micro-needling have on my skin?
What does the procedure involve?
Approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour before the micro-needling procedure starts, your skin will be cleansed and then a numbing cream will be applied to lessen discomfort. When the process begins, a small handheld pen-like device is used to pierce the skin. Following treatment, a soothing vitamin-C serum or hyaluronic acid are used to hydrate, heal and protect the skin. In all, the procedure will last approximately 2 hours from start to finish.
What will I look like following treatment?
Most people will experience redness and mild swelling, similar to a mild sunburn, for 24-48 hours following the procedure. There may also be minimal pin-point bleeding and/or bruising. After a few weeks, you’ll notice that your skin is smoother and more radiant. The full effects of the procedure will be apparent a few months later.
What is the down time following a medical micro-needling treatment?
A few hours after the treatment, the initial redness and inflammatory reaction of the skin fades significantly. Your skin will retain a pinkish color for 12 to 48 hours following the procedure. In order to reduce visible redness, you can use hyaluronic acid and then a zinc-based sunblock to protect your skin.
What effects will medical micro-needling have on my skin?
- Improves skin texture and reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Stimulates tissue regeneration
- Pore size reduction
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks